Saturday, November 27, 2010

needed: time machine. will accept time pauser machine.

This week has FLOWN by. I was so excited to get out of school on Friday, then the next thing I know- its Saturday night and I am desperately trying to suck time back into my watch.....to no avail. One way of doing this: stay up late and wake up early...get the most out of the day. Recently, I have been in recovery mode.
Let me start from the beginning. Friday was reserved for being excited about not being in school for 9 days straight. Saturday and Sunday....who am I kidding. I don't remember what happened back that far. I can tell you what I did...ish. I spent MUCH needed time with Zachary Bragg (we played video games, watched movies, ate sushi at Sho Gun, and ate breakfast together), watched Dead Like Me, The Office, The Taking of Pelham 123, Unstoppable, walked Maebe at all hours of the night, went to a birthday party for a 1 year old and get a fancy camera on loan to take pictures at that party, cleaned (kind of....not *really* cleaned, like I had planned), ate candy canes, ate breakfast with my MIL- Tammy, shopped with Tammy and my SIL- Whitni, played Super Mario Brothers and Mariokart on my Wii alone and with Mindy-Emily-Erin-and Adam, stayed awake all night on Friday night to buy an LCD screen tv from walmart (success!), skyped with my mom and dad, skyped with Katrina, called old friends to talk, decorated for Thanksgiving, went to Ed and Carolyn's to spend delightful time with the family, peed my pants because of laughing so hard, made new friends, spent time with old ones, watched MSU win the Egg Bowl, I didn't eat too much, but that will happen when we visit his parents for Christmas, planned on starting the "Couch to 5K program" to start running again, stayed up way late every night, never once slept past 8:30 (well....technically, when I woke up at 8:00 on Thursday morning, then I went to sleep at 8:00 on Friday morning, I didn't wake up until 3:00 that afternoon...but it was still only 5 hours of sleep- which by no means constitutes sleeping in), loved my dog, I didn't take ANY pictures ( just realizing this), bought tickets to attend Prairie Home Companion at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, TN for our anniversary in March, drank hot cocoa, DVRed the Macy's Day Parade then watched it with Mindy until 3 am, and used the "homesharing" feature with iTunes to get all of my music from our old computer to our new computer.
*sigh* if only all of our days could be so careless.
I do realize I could quickly tire of that, but for now, I daydream.
JKB.

1 comment:

  1. and just think- we only have to be at school for three weeks until Christmas holiday! I am guessing three weeks- you might not have to be there the whole last week, as I do.
    I will gladly see if you can tutor with us - or at one of the other facilities. No problem.
    Sounds like you had a great holiday- I did , too, even though we did NOT get together one single time.... I am a little bitter about that.

    ReplyDelete